Once again I have been feeling very motivated this week and I’ve made great progress with my build. I have absolutely loved this assignment so far as I love anything that requires creativity. In this blog post I will take you through all the requirements of this assignment and how each one of them has been fulfilled by this build.
- A minimum of 50 and a maximum of 300 prims used in the construction
- At least three different primitive types
- At least four different forms of prim manipulation
1. The top section of the lights is a sphere which has been path cut by 50%,
2. The light beams have a .80 taper on its X axis
3. The truss in the background and its counterpart on the other side of the stage has been twisted (B 90, E -90)
4. The same trusses have been top-sheared (X .50)
- The use of different textures and colours throughout the build with consideration given to using appropriate textures, texture repeats, offsets, and rotations
The four side faces of all the trusses have horizontal repeats of 2.9 and vertical repeats of 1.1. The texture has also been rotated 90 degrees.
The main stage has a texture with horizontal repeats of 25 and vertical repeats of 11
- At least two different texture manipulations
- The appropriate use of multiple textures on a prim
- The appropriate scale for purpose both in construction and texture use
My build focused on visual complexity, and the following criteria are specific to that section.
- A scripted change in colour
- A scripted change in texture
- The use of at least 3 textures with transparency
- An instance of a prim with light
- Prim movement through scripting
- An appropriate particle system